Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Edge of a cliff

Its amazing to watch these clouds roll directly into us. As we sit on the edge of a cliff at 14,000 ft. 
Today was a challenge. We climbed from 12,000 to camp at 14,000 through steep ascents and over large boulders. 
Camp is by far the most beautiful that we have stayed at with a little pond only feet away from our tents and a picturesque view of Mawenzi peak.  We look forward to the last push to base camp for our final ascent to the summit.







4 comments:

  1. Great job everyone! Very proud of you. I'm glad to hear that Bill is finding things to eat :). The boys were excited to see Daddy and Larry in the pictures! Shamus is wearing his 'mountain' hat today. They can't wait to see pictures of you guys at summit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see pictures of elephants!
    Glad all of you are still safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of ya'll! I can't wait to hear all about the trip! I love seeing the pictures especially the selfies of Larry! Tiny and I love you and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures are awesome! Omg I am so freaked out of heights and check out the photo of the shows, yikes! It is so nice of you guys to keep everyone posted on your inspiring adventure...

    Bill: From Shamus, who is working on nap right now-"Happy Thanksgiving" Happy Africa! "


    ReplyDelete